Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Final writing exam part B. La Sagouine.
When I was told I would be seeing La Sagouine in English, I was a slightly dissapointed. In my opinion, this play would have had a greater impact, had I seen it in French instead. The accent is what makes the Acadian people's charm and it was barely noticeable. Even though I would have prefered to see the original version of the play, I was pleasently surprised by Viola Léger's performance. In order to deliver a monologue for almost two hours, you need an actress that can captivate the audience and keep their attention. La Sagouine is such a touching character with core values, a beautiful spirit and Viola did justice to the role. She made me laugh, surprised me at times, even made me question how it must have been like in time's of war. I didn't expect to be captivated, and I'm glad I was. Allthough it lacked the dynamics of a multi character play, it was well performed and didn't leave me indifferent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Excellent comments! 9.5/10
ReplyDelete